Here, we will guide you some basic steps to have a great trip in Ho Chi Minh City, you should plan your trip before departure. You can refer to our website and some other website to outline a preliminary plan. Let's start!
Before arriving Vietnam you need to prepare a visa and passport. Click the button below to know more!
- Passport (Valid for at least 6 months).
- Visa (details above).
- Airfare, travel insurance.
- USD and Vietnam dong.
- Others: Mobile phone and personal belongings.
- Pre-installed necessary application (Details in the Travel Apps column).
If possible, you should refer to our website before and build ideas for your trip.
We recommend that you plan for your trip. You can refer to our website and some other website to outline a preliminary plan. You should note the following main ideas:
- Accommodation: You can pre-order on the TripAdvisor website or can book directly at the hotel. You should not worry because there are so many hotels in Ho Chi Minh City or if you can not find an accommodation, please contact us!
- Where to go: You can consult the Destinations and Discovery column.
- How to go: You can consult the Transport column.
- What to eat: You can consult the Foods & Drinks column.
- Estimated spending of trip.
AT HO CHI MINH CITY
Roaming into Vietnam if you want to use your previous SIM
Or Buying a SIM of Vietnam's Mobile network operator (MNO) (you should buy at airports).
We encourage you to choose this option because of the convenience and costs much cheaper than the international roaming.
Registering 3G services (or mobile internet services).
If you are using international roaming, you should contact your MNO are using.
If you bought a SIM of Vietnam's MNO, you can self-register or ask an employee of the MNO to register.
- Asking an employee of the MNO to register: You should ask at the airport.
- Self-register: We encourage you to use the daily 3G or a month, for daily 3G services you have over 1,2GB for use within 24 hours, you should extend daily (systems will auto extend).
Daily 3G services:
+ For Mobifone: You typing D7 send 999 (7,000 dong, you have 1.2GB to use).
+ For Vinaphone: You typing D2 ON send 888 (10,000 dong, you have 2GB).
+ For Viettel: Because Viettel subscribers is selective so we recommend using monthly 3G service.
Monthly 3G services: (unlimited use within a month).
+ For Viettel: You typing MiMax send 191 (70,000 dong).
+ For Mobifone: You typing MO MIU send 9084 (70,000 dong).
+ For Vinafone :You typing ON MAX send 6088 (70,000 dong).
The above services, we only suggest, to choose suitable services you should ask MNO's employee at the airport or directly ask the operator:
+ Viettel operator : 1800 8198 (free).
+ Mobifone operator: 9393 (for foreigners).
+Vinaphone operator: 9192 (for foreigners, 200 dong/minute).
You should call the operator before registration services.
SHOULD AND SHOULDN'T
- Saving the phone number of the embassy (or consulate) of your country in Vietnam.
- Additional copy of passport, travel insurance and air tickets to provide in case of lost.
- If possible, you should learn some basic sentences to communicate in Vietnamese. You can consult the Local Dictionary column.
- Carrying some kind of medicines such as colds, coughs, gastrointestinal disorders and headaches.
- Carefully store your valuable things in the hotel, regularly checking windows and doors before going out.
- Checking careful papers and money when going out.
- Should not carry large amounts of money and valuables.
- Should not go to deserted places, especially in the evening.